Buying my license today, I have a question.

Discussion in 'General Hunting Forum' started by buck119, Feb 22, 2014.

1. buck119

buck119 New Member

I am going for the final 2 hours review which is mandatory after the online safety course. I am not sure if today it is going to be another exam or just a review, in any case if everything goes well I am planning on buying my license online, today.

Does anybody know if the 'Resident Sportsman Combo' ($55) includes the pass for visiting and hunting at WMA's? Or will I need to renew my 'Resident WMA' when it expires in August (**)?

(**): if that was the case I would not see the advantage of spending $55 for the combo.

2. Gator

Gator Member

Being a new resident myself, I have a few things to learn. However most state hunting licenses cover a defined yearly period, such as July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014.

On the other hand fishing licenses frequently last one year from date of purchase.

3. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Banned

The sportsmanship combo covers WMA. They are covered for one year beginning on the day you purchase it.

4. buck119

buck119 New Member

Sportsman Combo it is. Purchased, printed, and signed.
    Thanks.

5. GAgal

GAgal Banned

Congratulations buck. :)
    That's the best value for your money.

6. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Banned

Congrats Buck! That is the only way I buy mine, the combo has you covered! X

7. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Banned

If you plan on hunting Doves, get the HIP permit. It is free, just answer the questions.