Hogs and Coyotes?

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by Cherokee, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Little bit if a lull until turkey season, anyone got any tips to help out for coyotes or feral hogs. Any known public spots in the central GA area?

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

2. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Banned

In Central Ga, just talk to the farmers. They loose a lot if crops due to the hogs. Some will let you hunt for a few bucks in their pocket.

3. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Might have to go do some looking then....kind of an awkward question to ask lol

4. buck119

buck119 New Member

It is coyote seson at several WMA's

5. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

With hogs and Forestry Service land, is hunting over bait meaning when bait is actually laid out present or would it be legal to throw out some of the corn mixtures and whatnot I've been reading about? With it being public land I was unsure. Also, is trapping hogs legal on forest service land?

6. buck119

buck119 New Member

I think you can find most of the information on their publication. My understanding is that what it is not explicitly allowed is forbidden, but I may be wrong.
    You can call the numbers listed for each zone (under each WMA). I have done it few times and they are always very nice and answers all my questions.

See post #6 here: http://www.georgiahunting.org/forum/showthread.php?t=170

7. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

I'll see if I can get in touch with them, just so I understand though, Forestry Service Land is just considered public land? I was just always unsure because I read about a lot of people making these concoctions that attract them, but was wondering if hunting after you put those down is legal. And then the trapping thing is a whole separate entity.