Leather holster for N-frame 6.5" barrel

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by buck119, Mar 3, 2014.

1. buck119

buck119 New Member

Got one

As per title.
    I need one for my 624 6.5" barrel.
    I don't need it new so I wanted to check here before ordering one.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  2. buck119

buck119 New Member

Ordered one on eBay.

3. dogsbreath

dogsbreath Member

That's a full size wheel gun, yes? I've two holsters that fit it. One a shoulder rig, one a pancake on the belt. Since you already ordered it is academic, but heck, bring it Sunday anyways and you can try the holsters, and I can try your gun. :)

4. buck119

buck119 New Member

I'll be happy to bring it with me. I hope to have time to go to Georgia Arms to buy some 44 special before the end of the week. If not we will use the few rounds I have left. Not many but enough to try it.

:)

5. dogsbreath

dogsbreath Member

I've got about 100 rounds of specials made up. I even have 5 'cowboy action' level rounds too. The specials are easy enough, but the cowboy action rounds are like fat bb's.

db

6. dutchs

dutchs New Member

Buck. I have a TRR8 that is An N frame. If you don't mind saying where did you order a leather holster for yours? Thnx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. buck119

buck119 New Member

8. buck119

buck119 New Member

Received it today. First impression: Meh.....

Leather seems to be OK. And I am pleased with the fact that the cant is not too extreme so I think I can carry it on the strong side as well, if I want to. But almost no retention. I think I will add a strap.

9. buck119

buck119 New Member

Well, I decided that it was not the case. The holster is on the way back to the seller.

DB, Sunday I forgot to ask you about yours. What is the brand of your belt holster? are you happy with it? maybe I can find one online.
    Locally I have seen only nylon holsters.

10. dogsbreath

dogsbreath Member

I hate nylon holsters. Not surprisingly, I like leather. For on the belt, a nice pancake job. figure 40-50 bucks for a standard one. The one I have for the N-frame is for the snub nose. My 6.5" fits it fine, it just has pipe sticking out the bottom. To find a snub nose n-frame leather holster, I had to go to s/w. So it had their logo on it, and their mark up too. I paid $75 for mine, but it was that or nuthin. Under the arm works well too. I have a couple of Bianchi (I don't know how you feel about Italian made stuff, but I like it) X-15 holsters. They work great. I've worn them 'all day' and find them comfy, but I like big guns, and don't find them to be to heavy.
    I think you also left your hat here. I'll put it up, and you can get it next time you are in the area.
    I know UnionG really had a great time shooting clays. Maybe we can get together one of these Sunday's and go bust some clays together.
    Have you and A gotten out turkey hunting yet?

Take care,
    Dogsbreath

11. buck119

buck119 New Member

No turkeys yet. We are planning on going out this Sunday. Not sure about the place yet but Dawson Forest WMA is one of those that does not need any application for Quota Hunt so probably that will be the place. Thanks for the suggestions. Actually I like Bianchi and I may go with their belt holster. It's a little more expensive than what I wanted to spend but I know it is a good holster because I had one for my 686.
    By the way, talking about holsters for revolvers, few days ago a bought the Galco Summer Comfort for my 686+ snubby. I have used only for one ay but it is very comfortable.

Thanks for letting me know that I can finally stop searching for my hat ! :D

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  12. buck119

buck119 New Member

Ps: i am taking both kids with me this time so feel free to join us :eek: !

13. paulkeen

paulkeen New Member

[​IMG][​IMG] if you havent found one yet... $12shipped

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

14. buck119

buck119 New Member

Sorry I have not replied earlier. I had not seen your post. I just got back here to close the thread (which I see now it cannot be closed :) ), because I just received one.
    Thank you anyhow!