Need a new deer gun

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Airpusher, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Airpusher

Airpusher New Member

I was looking at a Savage Hog Hunter in .308. Anybody have any experience with this rifle?

2. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Banned

A friend of mine has the hog hunter and loves it.

3. Airpusher

Airpusher New Member

I went to three stores in Gainesville today looking for the elusive Hog Hunter.
    No one had them in stock or were getting them in stock. But, while at the third store, I fell in love with a TC Venture in .308, and it followed me home. I think I will like it better.:D

4. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Banned

Congrats! GaGun not have one? I saw one there not long ago.

5. Airpusher

Airpusher New Member

First place I looked, they weren't sure if they were backordered or not.:confused:

6. dutchs

dutchs New Member

Excellent gun very reasonably priced , needs minimal care. I put a Muzzle Break on mine with the threaded Heavy Barell in .308 and it helped a lot. The rifle out of the box is Very light and does have a pretty good kick but is also very accurate and a great shooter. you'll love it! Here is mine

0926132203b.jpg

0929131156.jpg

0926132203.jpg

0926132203a (1).jpg

7. watahshe

watahshe New Member

nice looking rifle.

8. GeorgiaRebel

GeorgiaRebel New Member

Not sure if you are still looking, but I just converted an Enfield Mk 4 to a deer rifle and sighted it in. It is no tack driver, but it put 5 shots inside a 3 inch circle at about 85 yards. Four of the shots were inside two inches. I can't wait for the season to start next month.