New Deer Hunter

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by GoinNutz, Oct 25, 2016.

1. GoinNutz

GoinNutz New Member

Spend most of my time hunting underwater, but have recently been turned on to Deer Hunting. I think my stands may be a little too close to the feeders, but I am not sure. Can someone please recommend a good distance? My property is heavily covered so I am somewhat limited. I see a lot of great deer on the cameras, but cannot ever get them to come out while I am in the stand. Any advice is appreciated.

2. Supervisor42

Supervisor42 New Member

Feeders?
    Deer hunting over bait is illegal in almost every state:eek:.
    Advice - don't get arrested.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016

3. TideHunter81

TideHunter81 New Member

Hunting over bait is not illegal in Georgia. I at one time thought it was illegal until i looked it up. Came to a tree once early in the morning and climbed it with my climber. Once the sun came up the neighbor had put out corn right where I decided to climb and I didn't see it. I was concerned about it but a quick search told me that it was fine.

4. Supervisor42

Supervisor42 New Member

Um, no. Only feral hogs statewide and deer in certain areas.
    You could make a really big mistake....
    GEORGIA:
    GAhunting.jpg
    :eek:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  5. camotoy

camotoy New Member

southern zone baiting deer allowed all season . Northern zone hogs only or be 200 yards and out of site of feeder

6. TideHunter81

TideHunter81 New Member

I'm in Harris county, which is considered southern zone, so it is legal for me. Had no clue about northern zone, my apologies.

7. Supervisor42

Supervisor42 New Member

In Alabama they will take your truck, as well as your gun(s), in addition to the 5K and not even say thank-you.
    It's basically legalized rape.
    Ever seen a $40,000 pickup truck?
    Most fancy new ones are:).
    Ever seen a $3000 rifle?
    And your buddy's too:eek:.
    And 5K from him too.
    How 'bout THAT for a fine?
    $40K truck, $10K in fines, $6K in rifles = only $56,000.
    Want to get off with only probation and not serve time?
    Toss in another $4K for lawyer fees.

One deer can be a $60,000 haul. These guys don't play, and could care less that you "didn't know", it's all about the money.

Kinda makes the State Troopers writing $250 speeding tickets look like kids running a lemonade stand, huh? lol.gif

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017