Practice (?)

Discussion in 'Bows' started by buck119, Sep 26, 2014.

1. buck119

buck119 New Member

After selling my Invasion CPX I purchased a Diamond Infinite Edge. The reason why I bought this model is that we already have one, for my son, and I not only I like it, but because of the problem with my hand I can now shoot easily at 40lb and, hopefully, it will allow me to increase the poundage to 60 lb or more if I get better.
    Threw weeks ago I started shooting more consistently again. Three times per week, after work. About 45-50 minutes, 60 to 80 shots each time, at 20, 40 and 60 yards. I cannot shoot from a longer distance because with only 40lb at 60 yards I reach the lower limit of my front sight. I am using a Hurricane bag (about 25"x25") and 6 Gold Tip Expedition Hunter with 100 grain field points. I am planning to stay at 40 lb for a while.
    Even if I don really practice a lot I am seeing improvements. At least I never miss the target from 60 yards and I get the lungs or the heart about 50% of the times. I would probably miss it a lot with a pistol from that distance, so I think it is a good result :).

What else do you recommend for practice?

2. paulkeen

paulkeen New Member

Aim small miss small....dont force your self to shoot 60yds until you can group at 20yds..3 arrows in the diameter of the bottom of a soda can #2 if your arm for any reason feels weak put the bow until tomorrow, i pratice ever other day around 30mins a day.#3 bag time, nothing more will help you improve more than pratice#4 constant form...same prcedure each time..

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

3. buck119

buck119 New Member

Thanks! I will do and report. :)