Spring shoot at Dogbreath's (pics start on page 11)

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by dogsbreath, Feb 9, 2014.

1. dogsbreath

dogsbreath Member

Update, 2/22/14. We have a full ticket! From Alabamy there will be Beastly (and maybe the mrs) and Supervisor42. From Georgia, we will have Birddogyz, UnionGap, Buck119 and his son, and myself. So the roster if full.

Well, we had such a good turn out at our last shoot. No one went away sad. No injuries, no temper tantrums either.
    'Course, none of you showed either. But I'm harder to get rid of than that, so lets do it again.

I usually take some time off for the first day of spring, but since I just took 6 months off I'm just going to keep this to the weekend. First Sunday in Spring is March 23. Lets do a shoot.

I'm in Dawsonville and right across the highway from the Etowah Valley Sporting Clay place. P.M. me for a directions
    http://etowahvalleysportingclays.com/

I like to give my neighbors Sunday morning off, so I don't shoot until 1:00, but the EVSC is open at 9 if anyone wanted to start the day there.

I've got a nice range in the woods. It has a table 25 yards, and stations at 50 and 75 yards too. In back there is a place to chase clays, and I've a double pidginput chunker there.

My range is just a one lane job. Two can shoot from 25 yards, but it still has to be small groups. The first 4 or 5 folks who belly up are welcome.

I figure we can shoot the afternoon away, then fire up the grill if any of you have time. I'm open to adult beverages after the guns are put away. I like lots of fun and shooting, but it has to be safe to be fun. So no illegal stuff and lots of common sense and we will be good.

Here is a link to last years spring shoot:
    http://www.thektog.org/forum/f101/spring-13-shoot-lops-255006/
    Pictures start around page 7, but here are a few teasers...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  2. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Banned

Sounds good! Count me in. I will fix up a batch of pulled pork BBQ!

3. dogsbreath

dogsbreath Member

Will you bring that Ga Gal with you?

db

4. strycnine

strycnine New Member

Wish you was closer. It looks like a 4hr trip for me.

Nice fireball!

5. GAJeff

GAJeff Moderator Staff Member

I will not be able to make it.:( I work Sunday - Thursday.

6. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Banned

Do I have to? :D

She will be in Texas for a conference and training with the Girl and a Gun group.

7. dogsbreath

dogsbreath Member

Naw, of course not. I just wanted to know if I needed to get dressed, that's all.

db

8. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Banned

We will get her out there another time. :)

9. GAgal

GAgal Banned

LOL! You guys are so lucky I'm gonna be out of town. :p

10. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Banned

Party !!!!!!!!

11. uniongap

uniongap New Member

Well since I am in the first picture shooting at that clay, missed it you know, I guess I will have to show up with the new baby:D I have been told I won't miss with it:rolleyes:

12. phideaux

phideaux New Member

Yall have fun,

I would be there if I could..

Remember to duck...that schrapnel is VERY painful...;)

Jim

13. uniongap

uniongap New Member

You still hollering about that tiny scratch?:eek:

14. phideaux

phideaux New Member

Mamed for life...ya know.

Jim

15. dogsbreath

dogsbreath Member

Cool! I spoke with Birddogyz and we opened this up to the good folks over at KTOG.org too. I got a few more bites. So, one of our newest members, UnionGap, will be there. Nice guy, I've been to many fun events with him. Supervisor42 will, and Beastly probably will be there too. So we are sitting on 4.5 now, room for 1 or two more....

Dogsbreath

16. Beastly

Beastly New Member

Sounds like this event is getting pretty highbrow. I'd better show up and get it back to its normal state of affairs.

I mentioned it this AM to Mrs. Beastly who actually expressed a little interest in coming along. She is a little like the yeti though...oft discussed, rarely seen in practice.

I'll have a new toy along...yet to be revealed.

Attached Files:

17. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Banned

High brow event ? Does this mean I can't wear my boots but have to wear shoes with laces? :D

18. uniongap

uniongap New Member

There will be no shortage of guns.

Me with a few from last time. And Sppervisor42 second pic and our host 3rd pic and Beastly pulling up the rear!

Attached Files:

19. dogsbreath

dogsbreath Member

I was there last year. I don't know what the 'high brow' stuff he is talking about.

Dogsbreath

20. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Banned

Good, I will wear my boots. :D