Stands

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Birddogyz, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Banned

Which do you prefer to use? Ladder, climber, or ground blinds.

In my younger days I prefers the climber, still use one on occasion, but I spend more time in a double ladder stand.

2. Airpusher

Airpusher New Member

I use a ladder stand and a tripod set up on different areas of our lease. I'll still use a climber on occasion when I need a nap.

3. dogsbreath

dogsbreath Member

I hunt from the ground. Depending on where I plan to be, I'll either bring one of those chairs the collapse into a bag, or just a boat seat cushion. So when I walk into the woods, all you see is my cushion and coffee thermos. I try to keep it simple.

Dogsbreath

4. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Tower stand or ladder.
    I do have a climber, but haven't climbed but about twice this last season.

5. phideaux

phideaux New Member

I have a natural, groomed for years , with honeysuckle, over the years , training it to grow thick between 2 trees, with a green plastic chair in the middle. PERFECT ,sitting on high ground.

Ive slept many hours there.;):D

Jim

6. FallingLeaf

FallingLeaf New Member

phideaux

I like your style. Sounds like a great place to be even when not hunting season.

7. dogsbreath

dogsbreath Member

Oh Man, Has Phidough got a place to shoot. Check out this little shindig...
    http://www.thektog.org/forum/f101/phideaux-ktog-backyard-blast-pic-thread-252035/

Dogsbreath

Note to admin/mods. I'd been told not to cross post other sites, but this 'other site' is the one who's admin asked us to come here and help the start up. So I'm assuming it is the same crowd. If not, pull this, and I'll not stray again. :)

8. phideaux

phideaux New Member

9. strycnine

strycnine New Member

Ladder stand or ground blind. I have a climber but, I'm to lazy to use it.:(

10. Ehunt

Ehunt New Member

Summit Goliath is 1st then big game skybox deluxe for my ladders. I have 4 summits and 4 skybox' ladders

11. camotoy

camotoy New Member

I have many ladder stands tri pods condos but love loc on the best !!!!!

12. bulldog44

bulldog44 New Member

I have one piece of property where I use a double ladder because it is the only way to see my food plots in their entirety. Every place else I use a folding chair and natural cover as much as possible. I like mobility and hunting where other club members seldom go.

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      102.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  13. Yote

Yote New Member

Depends. I'll have a few loc on style stands, set up some ladder stands, even portable blinds. Plus there is several shooting houses on both leases. But there are still places that I prefer my Ole Man climber.

14. bubba2001

bubba2001 New Member

we use tower stand we built ourselves......

15. snglshot

snglshot New Member

I have used ladders and climbers in the past. The knees seem to say to stay on the ground. Not sure I would be comfortable on the ground. I'll have to work in it.

16. Hrussell

Hrussell New Member

Climber for bow hunting and butt huts for rifle

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk