Turkey Season

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Birddogyz, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Banned

Who is ready? Mentally I am but I have not begun to get my stuff ready.

2. Gator

Gator Member

I may have to run down to FL for a blast & cast. Gobblers and Speckled Trout. :D. It don't git no better.

3. Ranger

Ranger New Member

So ready!!
    Got the gun patterned, driving the wife crazy with the pot call, vest and outfit already on the couch ready to go..
    Can't wait.
    I've been fortunate this year in that I got picked for the 1st Di-Lane Quota hunt, 400 acre lease in Jenkins Co ate up wit jakes, 100 acre tract in Mcduffie Co that hasn't been turkey hunted in 20+ years, and a buddies farm in my home Co of Columbia that hasn't been deer or turkey hunted in over 10 years.
    Gonna stat it off the 15th calling for a few kids from church on the youth weekend opener, hope they fall in love with the sport!

4. dogsbreath

dogsbreath Member

I've seen lots of turkey this last deer season. Hope I can find some in-season. To date, the only wild turkey I've tasted had a cork in the top. ;-)

db

5. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Banned

We have a a few birds on the property we hunt. Not been one taken in a long time. We are going to take a bird or two this year.

6. paulkeen

paulkeen New Member

Bows sighted in ready to go make an harvest

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

7. Yote

Yote New Member

Vest loaded and ready, 870 patterned and itching, scouting while chasing coyotes, yep I'm ready.

Had 2 pitch down in the plot I was predator hunting in this morning. Both of em went into full strut as soon as their feet was on the ground and came inside of 10 yards.

8. buck119

buck119 New Member

I promised the kids we will go turkey hunting for the first time this year. But I don't like waking up too early..... :rolleyes:

9. dseagraves

dseagraves New Member

This will be my very first time hunting or trying to hunt. I chose to hunt turkey for my first time. I hope I like it. I am looking for places to hunt for not very much money like "free". I have a co worker that has 200+ acres of and tat he ha and takes kids down almost every weekend to camp and he said that he will let me camp and hunt there when ever It is just south of Macon. Around the Alamo area. I live in Covington/Conyers and have been looking into hunting Oconee National Forest near Jasper/Putman Co. Does anyone have any advice for me? Oh , and I am also looking into hunting a WMA or two. Clybel WMA (Charlie Elliot). Any advice for any of these places?

10. buck119

buck119 New Member

For Clybel I think it is better if you call to ask but it looks like it is only Quota Hunt or Adult-Child Hunt.

11. TrailBlazer999

TrailBlazer999 Member

I'm pumped for turkey season but I am not ready. Need to pattern my shotgun and do some scouting. Was going to go tomorrow and this weekend but now my kid is sick and i'll probably have to stay home with her. I just found out that my usual hunting spot is getting cut down so now i have to find a new place but just don't have time.

12. paulkeen

paulkeen New Member

Daggum that sucks

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

13. Gator

Gator Member

Took a road trip to Central Florida, 15-16 pound Osceola, 9.5 inch beard, 1 inch spurs. Taken with 3.5 inch Federal Mag Shock Turkey #4 at 45 steps. Got lucky and was set up between the bird and some yelping hens, when he flew down he was in range. :D

14. paulkeen52

paulkeen52 New Member

Way to go...i gave up on ole tom..Fishin season