Elmodel

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by Ulrich, May 19, 2014.

1. Ulrich

Ulrich New Member

Hey all, new to the forum with a question. I was out at Elmodel WMA yesterday and it's obviously overflowing with Hogs. Anybody hunt them there? And if so, can you give me some info. Hunting regulations book doesn't mention them for this WMA. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. dogsbreath

dogsbreath Member

Hog can be hunted year round. On WMA's you have to be in an open season for another critter, and use those guns/bows that are legal for that season. You can't bring a .30-06 in during squirrel season. ​
    They say that you can bag a hog with a .22mag out of a long pipe, but you have to do an ear or eye shot. ​
    Now, this brings up an interesting question in my mind. Any gun that is legal to carry? My standard deer gun is a s/w 29 .44mag revolver. They changed the laws awhile back stating that if you have a carry license (and I do) you can carry any legal gun during any season or non-season. So, if it is legal to carry my .44mag, is it legal to use it on hog? It is a legal weapon. ​
    I'd be real obliged if one of you would 'test case' this for me. ​
    db​

3. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Banned

With a CCW you can carry for personal protection. The game must be taken with the weapons specified within the type of season that is open. On private lands, it is legal to use any type weapon on taking hogs since they are not regulated.

4. Gator

Gator Member

Growing up in FL, we bagged lots of feral swine with 22 mag. My stick of choice was/is a 9422m.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

5. Ulrich

Ulrich New Member

Thanks, that answered my question. Only seasons for that WMA are deer, turkey, and small game. I was hoping i could hit hog between..... Guess i'll be waiting until August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk