How do you set up your ATV for hunting?

Discussion in 'Vehicles, Boats, Campers, and ATVs' started by AndrewX, Mar 17, 2014.

1. AndrewX

AndrewX New Member

As the title says, how have you set up your ATV up for hunting in Georgia?

Do you have a trunk or bag on your racks? If so, what kind and where is it mounted? What else do you use to haul gear?

How do you haul your rifle? Gun boot, gun rack or in a sling over your shoulder?

What do you take with you and how do you pack it?

Winches? Mufflers/silencers? Bumpers? Wheels & tires? Stand and/or game carriers? Cameras or GPS? Anything else?

I belong to a hunt club with about 800+ acres. I use a four wheeler to trail ride and have fun, do all the jobs needed done on the property, scout new spots to hunt, get back and forth to my stands and haul in a deer after the shot.

I'm interested in how everyone else uses and preps their four wheelers to hunt in Georgia so every idea and comment is welcome.

2. Gator

Gator Member

My '97 Honda Fourtrax is bone stock, a winch would be nice.

I put my rifle in a hard case and strap the case to the front rack. Easiest way to retrieve a deer is drag it behind the 'wheeler right up on the trailer and close the ramp gate, then head for the skinning pole. :cool:

I usually pack some water, snacks, book/eye pad, knife, veterinary gloves, TP, grunt call, bleet can, maybe some Tinks 69.

3. strycnine

strycnine New Member

I use a Club Car golf cart. It has a rack in the front to hold all my junk. I'd like to get it camoed one day.

Attached Files:

4. paulkeen

paulkeen New Member

Im going to be able to use my ezgo on my new lease...

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

5. southernboy

southernboy New Member

nice cart.........

6. ojibwa

ojibwa New Member

has standard ATV racks and tires, just use mine to get deer out of the woods other then that it stays on the truck

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  7. paulkeen

paulkeen New Member

If i get mine camoed DNR knows ill be up to something stupid

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

8. dogsbreath

dogsbreath Member

I've got LPT's. I use Kiwi. Works well.

DB

(LPT Leather personnel transport)

9. scottinga

scottinga New Member

I've got a coke crate zip tied to the front on mine, ammo cans, mud lites, and winch....crate holds my beer cooler

10. howl

howl New Member

I like to leave mine on others' trailer. Nothing helps deer pattern hunters like four wheelers running around on the lease.