What and how do you EDC

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by Birddogyz, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Banned

I carry a G-27 in a Looper Law Capone IWB rig.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391027759.194928.jpg

But if I am wearing a pull over or jacket I will OWB a 1911 in a pancake leather holster.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391027851.802825.jpg

2. strycnine

strycnine New Member

I CCW a G19 in a IWB holster.

3. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Banned

That is a great choice!

4. dogsbreath

dogsbreath Member

If I have pants on, I have a keltec p3at in the back pocket. If I can, I also have a 'real' gun on the hip. That would be either a sig p226 (9mm), s/w 7 shot .357, 1911, or a .44m snub. When hunting deer, there is a .44m, or .454 under the shoulder.

db

btw, If I'm in just a bathrobe the sig is in the pocket. In warmer weather it might just be in the armpit. I do live in the woods, ya know.

5. rnc

rnc New Member

Most of the time I carry a G27 in a Tagua open top ,black ,leather, right hand ,owb holster...

Stuffed with Win Ranger T-series 165gr...

6. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Sig Sauer SP2022 chambered in .40S&W, carried IWB with a Don Hume leather holster.

[​IMG]

7. glock26USMC

glock26USMC Supporting Member

Off duty G30SF in a Foxx Hybrid

8. GAJeff

GAJeff Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Sig 232 with leather IWB

9. phideaux

phideaux New Member

Sig 1911 Ultra in a Remora , at 8-8:30 position.(lefty)

Usually have a NAA Wasp .22mag on ankle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jim

10. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Member

637 Wyatt Deep Cover

[​IMG]

S&W "Performance Center" modified 637-2. Called the "Wyatt Deep Cover" after Rich Wyatt of the Gunsmoke gunsmithing shop and the TV show "American Guns."

Double-action only with a factory (Performance Center) trigger job. Bobbed hammer. Polished trigger, hammer, and cylinder flutes. Rest of gun is dull stainless steel / matte satin nickel finish alloy frame.

Today the gun wears Crimson Trace lasergrips. Shown here with the factory grips, which have a "hip grip" prong on one side.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  11. dogsbreath

dogsbreath Member

Hey GaJeff, I saw your picture and my first thought was 'what kind of site is that, and why?' Then I looked a little closer.

gunsmoke, that's pretty. I've got a 637 that is just the standard model. I'm always amazed at how pricy Smiths are and they come with those dull looking triggers and hammers. So, if I understand, yours has the hammer that comes back when you pull the tigger, it just doesn't have the bob to grip it with your thumb? I love the polished flutes. I put some Ahrend's grips on mine. They make cool stuff. Some Smiths even come with them from the factory. I realize rubber might be 'better', and I'm not one to 'pimp my pistol', but I do like nice wood on a gun. Even if it hurts a bit, it has to be pretty.
    http://ahrendsgripsusa.com/index.htm
    Before and after the Ahrends treatment...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The big smith came with those Ahrends, the NAA's are cocobolo, but not from A.

12. dutchs

dutchs New Member

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  13. GeorgiaRebel

GeorgiaRebel New Member

Most of the time it is a Sig Pro (SP 2022) in a Joe Cardon IWB holster. When I need something smaller, I have a Kel-Tec P-11 in either a Fobus OWB or IWB holster.

14. bulldog44

bulldog44 New Member

Workdays is a xd 9 sub compact in a phobus paddle holster and a 38 spl j frame in pocket carry . I have to store them during work hours. Off work is either a kimber pro carry two or a springer EMP both 9mm with crimson trace in a Galco summer comfort holster and a 38 j frame.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  15. buck119

buck119 New Member

For work days a Glock 26 Gen4 in a Cook's IWB kydex holster for a 2 or 3 o'clok carry.

[​IMG]

For weekends I have recently upgraded from a 6 rounds .38 special Colt DS-II to a 7 rounds .357 Mag S&W 686 Plus with a 2.5" barrel, in a beautiful older model Don Hume paddle holster. Two speed loaders and my Spyderco.

[​IMG]

If I want to hide it I use a Galco Summer Comfort IWB leather holster.

[​IMG]

When nothing bigger than this is allowed, a .22 Mag NAA Black Widow with a RKBA holster that can be carried in a pocket or IWB.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  16. TrailBlazer999

TrailBlazer999 Member

I carry a bersa thunder .380 in a belt slide holster with a shirt long enough to conceal it. My wife carries a little ruger lcp in a pocket holster.

When i'm in the woods i carry a taurus pt24/7 in .40 cal.

17. Beastly

Beastly New Member

More of a full EDC Load out. Pick a holster for the Glock 27 (MIC - Appendix tuckable, Comp-Tac 3:30 IWB tuckable, or Glock Sport/Combat 3:30 OWB) and an appropriate magazine size (Subcompact 9+1, Compact 13+1, Full 15+1) for the occasion and level of concealment (or not) requirement. Select at least one spare magazine.

I highly recommend the StreamLight PT1L single CR123 flashlight. Small, powerful (300 lumen), very useful. I wasn't keen on the clip and replaced it.

Attached Files: